Register for the Competition by February 8th, 2024 At 5 PM ET
- Click on the "Registration" tab to access the registration form.
- Complete the registration form by providing the required information.
- Ensure that you meet the eligibility requirements.
Attend an Informational Webinar (optional)
- we highly recommend attending an informational webinar to learn more about the Competition.
- The webinar will provide valuable insights and guidance on how to proceed.
- NASA intends to schedule multiple webinars throughout the prize submission window
- Informational Webinar: Oct 25, 2023 2:00-3:00 PM ET
Submit a Competition Entry by Thursday, February 22rd, 2024 at 5 PM ET
- Interested And Eligible Individuals And Organizations Should Register And Fill Out The Submission Form On The Competition Website, Provide References, And Submit A Short Video.
- The Form’s Prompts Ask Applicants To Describe The Groups They Currently Engage With, What Barriers Their Engagement Approaches Have Addressed, An Explanation Of How NASA Investment Will Further Their Work, And More.
- When Your Submission Form Is Ready With The Necessary Entry Details, Click ‘Submit’
Learn more about the
Submission Entry Form
Enter your first name.
Enter your last name.
4. Commercial Company
Enter your email.
Enter your phone number.
Select from a drop down menu of 50 States and other US territories
Select the Relevant Technology Area That You Work Within
Select one of the following technologies, option to select more than one category:
- Advanced Avionics
- Advanced Habitation Systems (AHS)
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Advanced Propulsion
- Autonomous Systems and Robotics
- Communications and Navigation
- Cryogenic Fluid Management
- Entry, Descent, and Landing to Enable Science Missions
- Excavation, Construction, and Outfitting (ECO)
- In-Situ Resource Utilization (ISRU)
- In-space Servicing, Assembly, and Manufacturing (ISAM) and Rendezvous, Proximity Operations, and Capture (RPOC)
- Other: Please Specify
- Power and Energy Storage Systems
- Precision Landing and Hazard Avoidance
- Small Spacecraft Technologies
- Space Nuclear Propulsion
- Thermal Management Systems
- Lunar/Mars Global Access
- Other: Please Specify
Define the underserved community or communities that you support.
Describe the processes, methods, strategies, or approaches you have used to enhance the capacity for underserved and underrepresented communities to pursue space and related ESIP opportunities.
Impact & Evidence
Describe the demonstrable impact of these processes, methods, strategies, and approaches.
Include measurable data and/or story narratives.
Describe the challenges, issues, or barriers facing this community as it relates to space research and development (R&D) and ESIP related opportunities.
Describe recommendations on how you and your organization are uniquely positioned to enhance the capacity of these communities to pursue space technology opportunities in the future.
Provide 2 references who were part of the capacity building efforts. Include the references’ Name, Professional Title, Organization, Phone Number, and Email.
Submit an accessible video link telling your story in no more than 2 minutes.
The video should be a simple screen recording video where you describe your work to enhance the capacity for underserved and underrepresented communities.
Do not overly edit or produce the video. It should be a basic recording to help the judge panel learn more about you and your work.
Submission Format: A shareable YouTube or Vimeo link that can be accessible to Judges.
Proof of Citizenship, Permanent Residency, or Primary Place of Business
In order to be eligible for an award, individuals must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the United States and be 18 years of age or older, and organizations must be an entity incorporated in and maintaining a primary place of business in the United States. If you are selected as a potential Winner and you are an individual, you will be asked to provide proof of citizenship or permanent residency. If you are selected as a potential Winner and you are an organization, you will be asked to provide proof of the location of your primary place of business. Please confirm that you will be able to provide one of the options below:
- Yes, I can provide proof of citizenship or permanent residency.
- Yes, my organization can provide proof that the location of our primary place of business is in the United States.
- No, I cannot provide proof of citizenship or proof my primary business is located in the United State.
Confirm that you have read and acknowledge the Competition Rules & Requirements
- Yes, I have read and acknowledge the Competition Rules
- No, I have not read the Competition Rules